The Christian gospel is the good news about what God has done for humanity through Jesus Christ. The core of the gospel message can be summarized as follows:
1. God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He is holy, just, and perfect, and He requires perfection from us as well.
2. Due to the rebellion of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, all humanity has inherited a sinful nature and is unable to meet God’s standards on our own. This means that every person has done things that are wrong in God’s eyes, and we are all deserving of punishment for our sins.
3. The punishment for sin is death, both physical and spiritual. This means that we are all separated from God and destined to face eternal death, or separation from God, in the afterlife.
4. God loves us and doesn’t want us to be separated from Him forever. So, out of His love and grace, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to earth to live a perfect life and then willingly die on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins.
5. Jesus took upon Himself the punishment that we deserve, and by His death, He paid the price for our sins and reconciled us to God. He was resurrected from the dead on the third day, defeating death and sin.
6. By believing in Jesus and accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, we can be forgiven of our sins and have eternal life with God. This is not something we can earn or deserve on our own merit, but it is a free gift given to us by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
The question for you now is, would you like to receive this free gift from God?
If you desire to have a relationship with God for all eternity and be saved, you can begin by praying the following prayer to express your repentance and belief in Jesus Christ:
“Dear God, I confess that I am a sinner and have done many things that are wrong in Your eyes. I believe that Jesus, Your Son, lived a perfect and sinless life and willingly died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. I sincerely repent of my sins and turn away from them, asking for Your forgiveness. I accept Jesus as my only Savior and invite Him to be the Lord of my life. Please help me to follow You and live for You every day, for Your glory. Amen.”
If you pray this prayer sincerely and mean it in your heart, we welcome you to your journey of faith!
Remember that it is essential to continue learning about God and growing in your relationship with Him. You can achieve this by reading the Bible daily, praying, and finding a biblical church where you can fellowship with other believers and learn more about living for God.
If you’re not sure what to do next, don’t worry. Here are some resources that might help:
- I have just put my faith in Jesus…now what?
- How Can I Tell If I’m Really Saved?
- Steps to Spiritual Growth
Find a Church
You can use the following links to find a biblical Christian church near you: